17th International shooting competition in honor of colonel O.Kalpaks (5-6 MAR 2010)
Aim of the competition.
- To ascertain the best shooters in the Zemessardze (Home Guard) of the Republic of Latvia.
- To continue the corporation between the Zemessardze of the Republic of Latvia and armed forces from other countries.
Place and time.
The competition will take place in Riga, Cieceres street 9 and will be held from 5th to 6th of March, 2010.
The competition will be organised by the Home Guard and Latvian Shooting Federation.
- Teams and individual participants from Latvian Home Guard battalions.
- Teams from foreign countries.
Participation fee is 60 euros per team.
- Shooting with cal.22 LR pistols MC, MCM, MC Margo in 25m distances. International precision target. 1 sighting series and 3 competition series with 5 shots:
1 sighting series – 5 shots in 10 seconds
1st competition series – 5 shots in 10 seconds
2nd competition series – 5 shots in 8 seconds
3rd competition series – 5 shots in 6 seconds
- Shooting with duty (service) pistols. Calibre 7,62mm – 11,43mm. Length of barrel – not longer than 135 mm. Distance – 25 metres. The diameter of the target – 26 cm. The target consists of the centre of the international rapid-fire target (“8” is included). 5 targets are put on in different heights. 3 competition series with 5 shots in each series. No sighting series. Time for one series – 15 seconds. Starting position – one or both hands in 450.
- Shooting with submachine guns MP – Carl Gustaf M45.Calibre - 9 mm. Distance – 50 metres.
Shooting from lying position:
1 sighting series – 20 shots in 5 minutes,
Both days competition will be held in all 3 disciplines. Team consists from 3 shooters, which are appointed before the competition.
The competition will be held according the shooting rules certified by the Latvian Shooting Federation.
- Military rapid fire - special competition between countries champion teams. Shooting with cal.22 LR pistols in the international rapid-fire targets. Distance – 25 metres. Competition consists of:
1 sighting series – 5 shots in 10 seconds;
1st competition series – 5 shots in 10 seconds;
2nd competition series – 5 shots in 10 seconds;
3rd competition series – 5 shots in 8 seconds;
4th competition series – 5 shots in 8 seconds;
5th competition series – 5 shots in 6 seconds;
6th competition series – 5 shots in 6 seconds.
Discipline No.4 will be held on the 6th of March after the discipline No.1 will be over.
Organisers will provide competition teams with weapons and ammunition. Participants can take their own cal.22 LR pistols MC, MCM, MC Margo and pistols calibre 7,62mm – 11,43mm.
09.00-16.00 Official training.
09.40 –09.50 Opening ceremony;
10.00 Competition in disciplines No.1, No.2 and No.3.
09.00 Competition in all disciplines;
approx.15.00 Rewarding and closing ceremony.
Participants are requested to use combat dress or service dress during the competition.
corporal Guna FREIMANE