NACIONĀLIE BRUŅOTIE SPĒKI
LATVIJAS REPUBLIKAS ZEMESSARDZE
ZEMESSARDZE (NATIONAL GUARD) REPUBLIC OF LATVIA
|Maiznīcas iela 5, Rīga, LV-1001, LATVIA, phone 371-7335981, 371-7335900, fakss 371-7371150|
____.April, 2007 No._______
I am pleased to invite personally the representatives from your structure to the 15th International patrol competition “Zemessardzes patruļa 2007”.
The aim of the competition is to strengthen the cooperation and relationship between the National Guard of the Republic of Latvia and other units from National Armed Forces as well as units from other countries thereby to ascertain the best patrol team in the patrol competition of the National Guard of the Republic of Latvia and invited teams from the foreign countries.
Andris KUĻIKOVSKIS, Chief of the Zemessardze Sport Club, cell phone +371 2917 97 31; FAX +371 737 11 50;
CPT Kaspars GRISINS, International Liaison officer, G-3, Zemessardze HQ, cell phone +371 2919 69 36, FAX +371 737 11 50, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNEX: Information about the competition on 2 pages;
LTC Juris BEZZUBOVS
Commander of Zemessardze (National Guard)
Information about the competition
Zemessardzes patrula 2007 (14-16 SEP 2007)
The Competition will be held near the city Dobele (appr. 70 km SW from Riga).
2. TIME FRAME
Arrival: 14 September
Departure: 16 September
Accommodation will be supported during the competition days.
5. TRANSPORT: Arrival in Latvia on participants’ expenses. Transportation in Latvia will be provided.
6. MEAL ARRANGEMENT On the participant expenses.
7. DRESS Battle dress uniform.
There is no participation fee for this competition, but expenses for traveling, insurance, food, hotel, etc. are your own responsibility.
Most establishments in Riga accept major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard and Eurocard.
The national currency LATS (Ls) pegged to the EUR at 1:70.2 santims (0.702 Lats).
Cash machines are available widely in Riga and other big cities.
Rates at currency exchanges do not differ much from one exchange to the next.
Language during the competition will be English/Latvian.
Type of the competition
The distance, including several tasks and checkpoints, will be approximately 25 kilometers. There possibly will be following tasks during the patrol: orienteering, map navigation, mines and mine field identification, night shooting with assault rifle AK-4, pistol shooting, assembling rifles, object reconnaissance, first aid, test about military technique and units, obstacle zone, military low, commando march, fighting enemy forces, survival.
All the participants must be insured and insurance policy must be presented to organizers.
- Teams from the Latvian National Guard battalions and National Armed Forces units (MP, Special Forces, Defense Academy, military schools and Land Force units) of the Republic of Latvia as well as teams from foreign countries (up to two teams from country) are welcome to this competition.
- There are four participants in the team.
Necessary equipment during the distance for each soldier: 2 pairs of BDU, 2 pairs of boots, backpack, poncho, belt, tactical vest, first aid packet, flask, 2 liters of water, torch, rope (at least 9 mm thick and 4 m long), sleeping bag, sleeping pad, food ration for 24 hours, pen and notebook, compass, gas mask, pocket knife. One mobile phone and binoculars requested for one team.
10. BASIC RULES FOR THE COMPETITION
- It is forbidden to use any adjuvant or manuals during the competition.
- The minimal weight of the back pack is 7 kilograms.
- The descriptions of the tasks will be available in each control point in a written form.
- It is team leader responsibility to check the correct written timings in the team task list in each control point.
- All the soldiers are to wear the uniforms during the competition days.
- All the competitors must follow the safety rules (instruction before competition) to avoid accidents during the patrol.
- All the participants are to follow the orders given by the team leader.
- All the participants must be insured and insurance policy must be presented to organizers.
- Each competitor must be aware about his own training level and physical, health condition.
- Each competitor is responsible for his damaged or lost equipment.
- Team leader is responsible in case if someone of the team gets wounded.
- Team leader is responsible for material damages given to civilian properties.
- The medical assistance will be available during the competition. There will not be any medical exams before the competition.
- Patrol team can continue the competition with three members (not less).
You are welcome to visit the Zemessardze (National Guard) Web page www.Zemessardze.lv
International liaison officer, G-3, Zemessardze HQ
“Zemessardzes patruļa 07” 14-16 SEP 2007
FILL OUT IN CAPITAL LETTERS
Name of the unit__________________________
|No.||Rank||Name, surname||ID code||Notes|
The team will arrive with:
Airplane: Estimated date and time: ___________ Flight No.:__________________ Transport to the Hotel (Yes/No):__________
Buss: estimated date, time and place: ______________________________
The team will depart with:
Airplane: Estimated date and time:___________ Flight No.:__________________ Transport to the airport (Y/N):____________
Buss: estimated date and time:_________________________
Accommodation: Hotel (Y/N) ________ dates from______________to__________